Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the interim joint matriculation board (IJMB) programme for 2018/2019 session.
The programme leads to the award of IJMB certificate which enables candidates gain Direct Entry Admissions into Kogi State University, and other IJMB affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
Eligible candidates must possess a minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
DURATION : The duration of the programme is a minimum of 12 months programme (January- January).
AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS :
Option/Fields Subject Combinations
- Arts History/Literature/Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies (HLCIS)
- Economics/History/Literature in English (EHL)
- Government/Islamic Studies/Arabic Language (GISA)
- Social Sciences Government/Economics/Mathematics (GEM)
- Literature/Economics/Government (LEG)
- Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies/ Islamic Studies (GLCIS).
- Management Mathematics/Accounting/Geography (MAG)
- Mathematics/Economics/Accounting (MEA)
- Sciences Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM)
- Physics/Chemistry/Biology (PCB)
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combination meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Sciences, Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Arts courses in all affiliated Universities in Nigeria including IJMB Kogi State University.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Registration for the screening Exercise will commence from Wednesday October 17th 2018 and close on 30th November 2018.
Details of registration procedure are as follows:
- Visit http://www.kogistateuniversity.edu.ng/cpds
- Login to your profile if already registered, or create a profile using the registration.
- Upon successful login, you will be required to make Payment of N10,000.00 (ten thousand naira only) being the for Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Application Fee
- Complete the required form as applicable and proceed to the payment confirmation page
- On the payment confirmation page is your transaction details including transaction reference, amount to pay for Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) application.
- Click on the “Remita proceed button” for redirection to Remita, where you can pay using any of the available channels including debit or credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallet, bank branch, Remita website etc.
- After successful online payment, the user is redirected back to the portal and can proceed with the service.
- If an alternative channel was used (bank branch, internet banking), you are required to log back into the portal and proceed to obtain service.
- If you are unable to access the required service, log complain with the school admin, who would verify the payment on the admin dashboard for that particular transaction. Complains will only be entertained via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the response is successful, navigate back to print registration Slip.
The candidates are expected to provide the following vital information on the portal,http://www.kogistateuniversity.edu.ng/cpds
- First name and other names as appeared on their O’Level Results
- State of origin
- Local Government Area
- Course of Study
- Passport Upload (Red background)
- Phone Number
- Candidates are expected to print out a copy of the Examination Slip/Registration Form containing the following: Name, Passport, Course Apply For, Department/Faculty, Date of the Examination and KSU Registration Number.
SCREENING FOR INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD
Admission of candidates for the various courses shall be based on computer based test in their subject combinations similar to UTME. The Test shall be conducted at the Kogi State University, Anyigba between Monday 10th December, 2018 to Friday 14th December, 2018 at 9.00am prompt each day.
Submission of online forms will close on Friday 30th November 2018 at 11.59pm.
Dr. Y.I. Abubakar